Scrolling speed of a data grid

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Feb 25 17:49:20 EST 2014

In a sense it doesn’t matter if it is smooth enough. If the test was to click and hold on scroll bar to page downwards, that should be a fair test across tools. If LiveCode is managing 9 updates per second, and the others are managing 15 per second, they are presumably faster at that task.

I would argue that if a tool is easier and better in all respects but a few, and in its less impressive areas it’s still good enough that normal users won’t notice, that ought to be the tool to use!