Scrolling speed of a data grid

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 25 15:02:32 EST 2014

Terence Heaford wrote:

 > Fixed height row is being used.
 >
 > As for passing the data in, it is simply tab/return delimited from
 > the Sqlite database which I believe the DataGrid converts to an array
 > for internal use storing at as
 >
 > [row][“date”]
 > [row][“type”]
 > etc..
 >
 > There are 3 behaviour scripts, for date, amount, balance.
 >
 > date:
 >
 > on FillInData pData
 >    convert pData from seconds to short system date
 >    set the text of field 1 of me to pData
 > end FillInData
 >
 > pData is seconds which is used to store the date in a SQLite database.
 >
 > amount/balance:
 >
 > on FillInData pData
 >    set the numberFormat to "0.00"
 >    add 0.00 to pData
 >    set the text of field 1 of me to pData
 > end FillInData
 >
 > I have not adjusted the LayoutControl handler from the data grids
 > standard.
 >
 > All I have is the amount/balance as right justified to align the
 > decimal points.

Noooo!  Never use decimals!  That's what slowing you down!

:)

I'm kidding of course.

In all honesty, I don't see anything there immediately which would
explain the slowdown.  9 seconds seems a long time to me for just 1700
records, but your code looks pretty sparse without any obvious things
that stand out as bottlenecks.

Can you post a link to a screen shot of the layout?

Anyone else here have any suggestions for Terence?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World