Fairly offensive message - Domain does not exist

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:00:26 EST 2014

On Feb 25, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Peter M. Brigham wrote:
>
>> When someone says to me that LC is just for amateurs and hobbyists and can't really do any heavy lifting, the first thing I point them to is this:
>>
>> http://livecode.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/USGS-Landsat7-ForestryApp-livecode-case-study.pdf
>>
>> -- The NASA Landsat 7 satellite imaging scheduling and database management is run entirely using LC. IMO, this should be very prominently displayed on the LC website.
>
> Thanks, Peter.  That is indeed a good one, but as one of only three cases shown in the front page there remains a good opportunity to add more. I've discussed this with Ben, and we have a plan in place to address that very soon.
>
> What path did you follow at the site to find that PDF? I was hoping to find background info on the KLM case there, but I didn't see links to any other info for that or the NASA case.

I had had the old Mirye webpage bookmarked, then that showed up as dead, so I did a google search and located a PDF of the article in the case studies. I don't know if there is a link to the article on the LC webpages, I couldn't find it until I used google. The fact that I had to find it in a roundabout way says something about the problem with the mother site. (Of course, I could have missed it. If so, it may say more about my problem with not finding things that are right in front of my eyes, as my wife points out to me from time to time….)

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig