Support for Mac OSX 10.5

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 25 11:35:09 EST 2014

I am currently only a user of the Community Edition and so feel a little guilty about posting regarding this subject, however…

The main reason I have not become a fully paid up member is for me the lack of a speedy scrolling  data grid.

I am currently also evaluating Xojo.

I really don’t want to get into a debate about the speed of the data grid but when subjected to only 6 columns of data and 20 rows in the grid
it really does not scroll smoothly.

So, from a selfish point of few, please upgrade LiveCode and leave PowerPC behind.

Any speed increases from using the latest Apple compilers would be gratefully received by me.

or and better still...

Produce a data grid that is a compiled object built into LiveCode rather than relying on a rather pedestrian scripted solution.

All the best

Terry