offset broken?

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 12:41:15 EST 2014

It's easy to construct similar extensions of the other offset functions: lineoffsets(), itemoffsets() and wordoffsets(). They come in very handy. I do a lot of text munching and I am continually using one or another of them. One common situation is when you need not the first occurrence of a string in a container, but the last occurrence. Then just do: item -1 of offsets(str,tContainer). Or the line containing the last occurrence of str would be item -1 of lineoffsets(str,tContainer). Need to make every occurrence of a particular word appear in bold? It's easy using wordoffsets(). Etc, etc.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig