iOS Folder Copy

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 05:09:27 EST 2014

Mark,

Thanks for the quick response.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> You can include the files of the folder in a custom property in a
> savingStandalone handler (or is it mobileSavingStandalone?) and write the
> files to the correct place when your app starts the first time.
>
> You could also include a zip file and unzip it in the desired location
> when the app starts for the first time.
>
> Can I do that on iOS? I'll check out zip in the Dictionary

> Actually, I don't understand why you would want to do this. Can't you just
> include the images in the standalone package and use those? If need be, you
> can add more files in a different location and just check two locations
> when you need a file.

Well... I thought it would be easy. Famous last words. There 100's them,
and certainly on Desktop it's easy just to move them around as a folder. It
also means my app logic is based of a folder that only contains images
which have names created to a specification.

All the files must be modifiable so on iOS I need to get them out of the
engine folder.

It looks like I can create Documents/Photo folder and then unzip them into
there.

Thanks for the pointers