RELEASE LiveCode 6.6 DP1

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Feb 20 11:55:06 EST 2014

Divide by zero?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf
Of Björnke von Gierke
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:51 AM
To: How to use LiveCode
Subject: Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.6 DP1

On 20.02.2014, at 16:37, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> The key point there is that both only catch things the engine considers
errors.

> Assert compliments those by providing for things which may be
syntactically correct and completely executable, yet are errors within the
context of the business logic of your app.

I'm not a smart man, and can't imagine any such error ever happening in a
program. Can you give a simple example where you'd use assert to catch that
kind of error?

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/