[OT] Paul Elio could change the world of transportation

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Feb 20 08:02:19 EST 2014

An electric skateboard.  What will these young hipsters dream up next?  ;-)

If my work was closer to home, I might choose a bike or at least something
human powered.  I do see the health benefits of exercise, but I am a
fragile human that doesn't handle extreme cold / heat / rain scenarios well.

So I chose Elio for a few reasons beyond economics.  1) Paul Elio has held
true to his dream, which began in 2008.  I have to respect the personal
drive he has to make it a reality.  2) The risk is low, as the Elio
contains no new technology.  Existing auto parts, wheels, brakes, etc. are
used, so it can be repaired anywhere.  3) He is creating jobs.  The new
production facility will employ 1,500 workers.  4) All of the partners /
suppliers are established and respected leaders in industry.  5) OK, I'll
admit that the price plus fuel savings is an enticing combo.  $6800 w/ 3
year warranty.  I paid more than that for a pre-owned vehicle with no
warranty.

So as off-topic thread so go, the aerodynamic shape is much like a, (should
I say it?), a slice of cheese.  :oD

~Roger