set the textStyle["box"] of word x of line y to true is very fast

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Feb 19 16:04:29 EST 2014

Hi all,

I stumbled across a dictionary remark regarding setting textStyle

--------------------------------------
As of version 5.0.2 a new array variant of the textStyle property has been
added allowing for access to individual textStyles independently from the
others by specifying the required style as an array key.

	the textStyle[<style>]

Here, style can be one of bold, condensed, expanded, italic, oblique, box,
threedbox, underline, strikeout, link. For example

	set the textStyle["bold"] of field 1 to true

I tried it and it turned out to be a lot faster than

set the textStyle of word x of line y of field z to "box"

Since I have not seen anyone mentioning this form I thought I might share
it.

Anyone in for a speed test will love the difference, especially if you set
textStyles of many occurences in a long document. What used to be slow and
tedious and best avoided is now fast.

Kind regards
Bernd