Most Effecient way to repeat a handler/function - Found word(s) list error in the Text body

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 23:55:16 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Peter M. Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I still do [repeat with i = 1 to the number of] for i < 1000 or so,
> and the speed hit is perfectly acceptable for that. The advantage for me is
> when I must use the number of the iteration I'm in to do something.

For all my proselytizing, I do the same, although I think my upper limit is
closer to twenty, or more to the point where the list isn't dynamic. If the
list is generated in some way then it's almost always my assumption that
the list could grow unexpectedly. I agree a better syntax that provided a
built-in counter would be nice.

gc