Most Effecient way to repeat a handler/function - Found word(s) list error in the Text body

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 13 23:12:50 EST 2014

On 2/13/14, 8:53 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Aye, but the question was which form of repeat was more efficient.

I thought you said that any repeat loop was equal to another, and just
pointed out that an empty loop (your original test) didn't mean much
until you put some code in it.

It's pretty well established that the "for each" form is a magnitude
faster than the counting form. I was just responding to this:

> I ran a 100,000 count
> loop with nothing in the repeat loop to do and it took 1 tick.

It was a trivial point: that an empty repeat loop of any form is going
to be quick; it's the code inside that matters. In your examples, the
code inside happens to be another repeat loop, but that's a different thing.

I suspect we're talking about the same thing and we don't know it. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com