Dollar Sign Variables

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 06:51:54 EST 2014

> I was wondering the same thing. How in the world does one program without the debugger?
>
> Jaw dropped.

I graciously insert put commands when something isn't working as expected, then fix the problem and remove the puts again. Only works with code that I've created myself though, because other people tend to use far more functions and commands, which unnecessarily complicates things. The main advantage is that the IDE in general, as well as my own stacks, are faster with debug mode off. I actually like that finding bugs and removing them is annoying, because then I think twice before making random changes.

Said that, I found myself using the debugger a bit more recently, mostly because It helps with seeing why code does what it does, not so much to find code that isn't doing what it's supposed to do.

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: