Problems with delete stack

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Feb 12 19:24:14 EST 2014

I think I ran into this a while back but it's cropped up again.

I have a script that deletes a stack from memory then opens it again from a
different stack file.  When the new stack is loaded, I get the usual LC
message about duplicate stack names and what do I want to do about them.

In itself, that's weird because delete stack should remove the stack from
memory.  I've also tried setting the destroystack property of the stack to
true before deleting it but same thing happens.

What's even stranger is that the message asks what do I want to do with
<the new stack's filename> before loading <the old stack's filename>, when
it should be the other way round.  I guess that could just be a bug in the
message display handler.

If I step through the script in debug, the problem doesn't occur.

It seems some amount of time is needed for the stack to really be gone from
memory, question is how much of a wait should I put in there?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>