Defining Pet Features and Essentials

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 12 14:04:14 EST 2014

On 2/12/14, 6:48 AM, Ender Nafi Elekcioglu wrote:
> you should know that calling someone as a dog is a very, very, VERY,
> VERY harsh, petty, offensive insult in my language & culture.

I think it's easy for westerners to forget that, since over here a dog
is just another animal with no special significance. Our insults tend to
be more sexually-related, which goes to show how juvenile our culture
is. Genitalia are insulting, which has always puzzled me a bit.

As for Richmond's manners, well, he has his own. But I'm pretty sure he
was oblivious to the cultural insult. His insults are far more universal
in nature, though still mostly unintentional.

Once I met him in person I understood. He's a pussycat (cultural
clarification: "pussycat" is a harmless, playful person, even though the
first half of the word could be construed as a sexual insult. Americans
are strange.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com