Defining Pet Features and Essentials

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at keehuna.com
Wed Feb 12 05:47:38 EST 2014

Part 1:

I knew that this thread will turn into a technical help topic :/

Folks,
please don’t get me wrong, my intention is far from being rude.
I’m not trying to solve a particular issue, here.
Check the subject line, please.

I know I’m the *new guy*
and I’ve noticed that whenever someone relatively new to Livecode opens a somewhat criticizing topic
either on forums or in this user-list,
that thread is either ignored or gets away from its main focus quickly.

Let’s assume that I’m a lousy coder with an IQ of just 68
and the reason why that page in the video is not responding is totally my fault and lack of knowledge.

Does this change the topic?

I opened this thread to discuss what features are really, truly, objectively *essential*.

Does Livecode not need a revamped url library, modern limits for object sizes, an engine with enough horsepower for the year 2014 not for 2002?

Does Livecode not need multithreading, benefiting more from GPU?

Does Livecode not need those features *more* than pluggable themes and resolution independence?

Which ones are more important for a modern development environment?

~ to be continued...