Crowd Funding Enhancements

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:28:07 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> wrote:

> We're deep into planning for the next phase at the moment. So I'll write
> you guys a more extensive post and/or a newsletter article with an update
> on things within the next couple of weeks.
>
> I always get a kick out of the fact that the CEO crops up on this List
every now and then.

Anyone who's read my previous posts knows I'm into data, lots and lots of
data. I like to find connections between data, display data in new ways,
and help my colleagues visualise data in ways they haven't thought of.

I like info-graphics. If a pictures says a thousand words, a good
info-graphic can answer 10 questions, half of which you didn't think of
until you saw the data.

This is by no means the best I've ever seen, but it's recent (at the bottom
of the page):

http://www.apple.com/30-years/your-first-mac/#tell-us

It saddens me to think that Macs use to be a tool, they did work; but no
longer it seems. Now, I don't have to complain on User Forums that OS X is
morphing into iOS, I see why. I know I don't have to buy my kids
MacBooksanymore, an
iPad will do.

It's too late to start now, but I'm sure it would make for an interesting
info-graphic, one that continually recorded and then displayed the man
hours and Kickstarter £ spent on the various 'areas' that the Runrev team
is focusing on as they move LC forward. I'm sure refactor and unicode would
display as huge blobs. Little, but growing blobs for the various branches
that parallel, then disappear when they are incorporated, or not.

I could imagine info-graphics that told me not only how many man hours and
£ currently spent, but a % estimate of job complete. Names of those
involved as well, as I'm sure it would be a pleasant surprise to see not
just the Runrev team in those blobs, but the names of the many gurus (like
Trevor) who are at the heart of this LC community.

If we all saw the data I'm sure we'd have no questions or complaints; but
then again, we wouldn't have the pleasure of reading Kevin's posts.