Crowd Funding Enhancements

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Feb 10 16:34:52 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Ender Nafi Elekcioglu <
endernafi at keehuna.com> wrote:

> On February 10, 2014 at 17:56:39, Andrew Kluthe (andrew at ctech.me) wrote:
>
>  Any kind of timelines or updates on any of the stretch goals other than
> theming/res
> independence would be great. ... it is also the least
> important to folks who aren't doing mac or mobile dev.
>
> Example to a pet feature.
> These are / should not be that much important even to a seasoned
> mac/mobile developer, in my humble opinion.
> Using a couple of png's for theming
> and 40 lines of pure Livecode script for resizing were
> all I needed for 20+ finished projects {published business apps} in the
> last two years.

Hi Ender,

It is important to keep in mind that what might be classified as a pet
feature for some is essential for others. I consider myself a fairly
experienced developer and consider resolution independence critical. On the
desktop you cannot make a LiveCode app look correct on retina displays.
Your text will always look fuzzy. If you happen to be playing with the
resolution independence branch of the LiveCode engine on GitHub (the
developer branch includes it now) you will notice a night and day
difference when loading your projects (when loading the project on a retina
laptop).

Windows has similar issues with resolution independence. Changes have to
made to the LiveCode engine itself so that we can have projects look and
behave properly. Based on the number of support emails I get from my
customers I see an upward trend in among my customer base who are using
high-resolution settings on Windows.

For me, lack of high resolution support affects sales of my product (users
with retina displays do not like non-retina compliant apps).

Just another perspective,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems