Windows 7: Chinese characters replacing quotes & apostrophes in English text

FORD JR., CURT CFORD at mailbox.sc.edu
Sun Feb 9 07:40:12 EST 2014

A little progress: the customer reports that

"switched system locale from Simplified Chinese to English (US) to see some magic, as a computer magazine I had once read said it might work sometimes. It works! Those strange Chinese characters are gone and even the audio bars appear. But the ebook window stops operating everytime I turn from Page.12 to Page.13. It stucks for several seconds. After the locale switching, some of my Chinese programs don't work well any more. One program gets the Chinese charaters on its menu blurred, as is shown in attachment screenshot 3.1. Another program has no Chinese characters on the interface, which is presented in screenshot 3.2."

..so it looks like we should recommend that people switch system locale to English when using the module..

This one was created on April 14 2013 so it was probably Livecode 5.something - not sure unfortunately. Anyone have any idea whether trying again with 6.5.2 might help?

thanks,

Curt