Parsing CSV File Via Array - Part I

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Sun Feb 9 00:11:34 EST 2014

Hi All,
I’m trying to parse a Google Form csv data file. Each row in csv represents one completed form entry by a user. The Google Form (survey) allows for specific drop down selections. Here’s some sample form csv data:

End,End,End,Middle,
Just right,Too loud,Too loud,Just right,
No,Yes,No,No,

I’m trying to use an array to pull out each item and the item counts. This is what I would like have reported out:

End,3
Middle,1
Just right,2
Too loud,2
No,3
Yes,1

Myscript is working, but because I call the same array each time I loop through my reported out data is out of order. It looks like:

Yes,1
Just right,2
No,3
Too loud,2