changing the settings.plist template for iOS7 is ignored

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sat Feb 8 16:15:22 EST 2014

Hi,

i noticed the following strange behaviour. Although i´m building for IOS7, LC 6.5.1 and also 6.5.2 uses the plist template from 6.1.

How i found out?

I changed the settings.plist in Runtime/iOS/Device-7_0 to set  the UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend key to false, but the created iOS app still exits on suspend.

I looked into the app bundle and detected that although the changes are present in the settings.plist within the Runtime folder, the settings.plist in the app bundle
still shows the livecode placeholder ${APPLICATION_EXITS_ON_SUSPEND}.

I removed all folders (device and simulator) except the device-7_0 from the iOS folder and tried to build again. I got an error "could not find plist template for device"

After moving the folder Device-6_1 back to the iOS folder i was able to build again. After changing UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend key in the settings.plist for 6.1,
i was able to create the iOS 7 app with the correct settings.plist.

I can even delete the settings.plist in the device-7_0 folder and still can build.

This is not how it should be, isn´t it?

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe