Why Programming is Difficult

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 02:52:21 EST 2014

On 08/02/14 08:40, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Without reading the article, I can think of one principle I have employed in all my time working with computers: Computers never do what you want them to. They only do what you tell them to.
>
> Bob

Indeed; the main problem is NOT with the computers; it is the mismatch
between the way humans think
and the way computers work.

At the risk of antagonising all those naive realist, mechanistic types
who think we are
Dawkinian machines (hey, just coined a clever word), we have feelings
and mood swings
which a computer does not, and never will have.

Richmond.

P.S. Where's my coffee? My left shoulder is aching, and I need the loo.

Now, find a computer that is going to be affected by any of those!