rTree V2.03 requires tree to be visible to be constructed?

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Tue Feb 4 21:09:58 EST 2014

I think I have successfully upgraded my app from using rTree V1 to rTree V2.03.
I documented my method in the forum.
I am asking this question here as Mats doesn't seem to respond to any forum posts of late.

After my upgrade I launch my app and rTree throws an error from its "callibratescrollbar" handler.
Going through it, it seems as if it doesn't see the node data and ends up getting a divide by zero error.

Now the wierd thing is that if I cancel out of the debugger and then call the routine from the message box it works, I don't get the error and the tree is displayed, but only if I am showing the tree at the time.

In rTree v1 I constructed the tree in a stack loaded into memory but not actually open.
This worked fine. On app launch the tree was constructed. Once the app was launched I could then display the tree (located in a substack) as a drawer (yes I am on a Mac).

It seems that rTree V2 doesn't like this and expects the stack to be open in order to work.
It gives an error as mentioned. If I then open the stack (drawer) with the tree it shows an empty tree. I then call the tree population handler and the tree populates.

Has anyone else come across this?

James