A complete and general index of handlers, commands and functions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Feb 2 11:59:11 EST 2014

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

 > I have been looking (without success) in mail list's archives,
 > forums and within my own stack's archives a LiveCode's
 > implementation of Fast Fourier Transform.
 >
 > A FFT function was not found among math library's functions of
 > joneslib stack:
 > http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/djones/metacard/joneslib.mc

The original JonesLib contains some tokens which conflict with more
recent versions of LiveCode.

I've been in touch with the author of JonesLib, Dr. David L. Jones of
University of South Florida, and he's granted permission to update
JonesLib to work with current versions of LiveCode.  In fact, he seemed
sincerely pleased that the library is recognized as valuable, and was
very encouraging in our correspondence.

Sturgis generously made a first pass at an update to JonesLib, and while
he took care of all of the conflicts at the time, unfortunately there's
still one more token in conflict with the most recent version of LC,
"variance".

His build, and a discussion of the library in general, is in the forums:
<http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10976>

In addition to either renaming or deleting the Variance function, there
may be opportunities to optimize JonesLib.  My post in that thread from
this morning includes links to some interesting tips on performance from
Wil Dijkstra which may be helpful - he's done some unusually thorough
analysis of optimization techniques.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World