set the textstyle is dramatically slower on 7.0.1 than 5.5

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:49:45 EST 2014

Using the same technique with 5.5 takes 175ms rather than 960ms.

So, 5.5 is still many times faster than 7.0.1 when it comes to styling text
in fields (5.5 is around 6x faster than 7.0.1 even using this technique).
Using a loop through the field where each word/chunk is styled as it is
found (using "set the textstyle of x"), takes minutes.  That is the kind of
thing new users might try, and they will receive a very unfavourable view
of Livecode.

Bernard