Late to the party

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 11:16:00 EST 2014

No, not the New Year party!

My younger son flew to Doha about 3 years ago to some daft sports conference
financed by the sheikhs out there as part of their attempts to buy
respectability.

Anyway, at one point one of the al-Thani "lot" gave my son an iPad 1 (my
younger
son is a bit "like that" - people keep giving him things).

Now at the University of Pennsylvania, my son has found that between his
MacBook
and is iPhone he no longer needs his iPad: so it ends up with
Bottom-Feeder No.1 in
our family: Me.

Having Jail-broken it and generally mucked around with it . . .

I wonder how to get an iOS standalone onto the machine "down a cable"
as I should like to try out one or two of my programs that way before I
contemplate
anything expensive . . . .

I would be grateful for any advice.

Richmond.