set the textstyle is dramatically slower on 7.0.1 than 5.5

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 05:28:01 EST 2014

5.5 can mark up a fld containing almost 4000 lines, with a box round (at
least) one word of each line, in 7 seconds.

7.0.1 takes 136 seconds to process the same field, and switches after a
short while from using a LC-style "busy" cursor, to using the windows
system busy cursor.  Normally when I see that cursor in LC I'm expecting LC
to hang or crash.  The CPU is pegged at an average of 65% utilisation
during this process.

So, 7.0.1 is almost 20x slower than 5.5 for this operation.

Bernard