[ANN] Free: Google-style typing filter for LiveCode

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:21:03 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM, FlexibleLearning.com <
admin at flexiblelearning.com> wrote:

> www.FlexibleLearning.com/typingfilter

Nice work, Hugh! I remember doing something similar about eighteen years
ago and having to write the code to do a thousand lines of the search
material at a time, displaying results as it went, and using send..in to
allow the user to continue typing. Technology is a wonderful thing, eh?

One suggestion: the filter command allows wildcards by default, so the
coloring code will fail if you search for something like E*st it will
find Eads, United States (Colorado) but will only highlight the st. Not
sure the best way to address this since matchchunk doesn't work the same as
filter. You could switch filter to using regex, I suppose.

gc