resetting preferences in 7.0.1 rc4 (Windows 7)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 19:33:59 EST 2014

The suggestion about a system proxy was a good one!

That proxy was disabled on a system-wide basis on Windows; the values for
the proxy were still in the boxes (but grayed-out).  It appears all the
browsers were ignoring these values, as the Internet Options said to not
use a proxy.  Livecode seemed to get that value still.  After setting that
to empty on a system-wide basis, then saving revPreferences, the proxy
value is now empty in LC across restarts.

Alas the lookAndFeel is still not working.  I took your suggestion
seriously, and did a restart. But still no change on this front.

If I put the platform, it is "Win32".  If I change the lookAndFeel through
the menu, then the lookAndFeel reports "Windows 95".  But this does not
persist across restarts.  You may be right, that the lookAndFeel is not
saved with revPreferences.  But then the conundrum is why this would look
like "Motif" by default, whereas on LC 6.7 and earlier it correctly stays
as "Windows 95"

Incidentally, do you find that clicking the "native theme" on the View menu
has any effect, i.e if you choose "Motif", then after that choose "Native
Theme", does it display the appropriate appearance for your platform?  When
I try this on 6.7 and 7.0.1, it changes nothing.

Bernard