I didn't know this...

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 09:48:23 EST 2014

I too would prefer this way because its the livecode readable way.  While
this particular one is a pretty simple regex-- put
replacetext(tNames,"(\bc)","x") it would get complicated way too fast
depending on need.  A for each loop would be fine and work fast also, but I
personally wouldn't mind your idea being a feature request.