visual effect not working to show stack

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Dec 23 15:04:02 EST 2014

John: right... I did read the dictionary.

but we don't want the substack being revealed to take over the window of
the main stack.

and, this doesn't work:

on mouseUp
    visual effect reveal up very slowly
    go  stack "Choose Date"  in new window
end mouseUp

I presume, because,  "new window" does not qualify as "within a window"

this also does not work:

on mouseUp
   lock screen for visual effect
   go   stack "Choose Date"  in  new window
   unlock screen with visual effect reveal up very slowly
end mouseUp

Either I am still missing something really simple.

OR

what we want:

open a stack in a different window with a visual effect that emulates a
slide effect of moving into view from the bottom into the rect of the
current card of the background/parent stack... is not doable, which I
find hard to believe....

Sheet: only works from the top
Drawer: only pushes out from the rect of the stack

Goal: have the sub stack "slide" into the screen rect of the parent
stack, i.e. behave like a drawer, but move into instead of out from, the
parent stack.

I hope I am missing something really simple.

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com