[ANN] Free: Google-style typing filter for LiveCode

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Dec 23 10:59:28 EST 2014

I'm assuming you need to do this when the user is typing into the
datagrid's edit field. I recently needed to implement a right click popup
menu to the datagrid's edit field and used the following method which
should work for this purpose too.

Make a button and copy the script of button Field Editor of stack
revDatagridLibrary into it. Add the typing filter code to it.

In the script of your datagrid, add a preOpenFieldEditor handler. Its
single parameter is the long id of the field that will be used for editing.
In the preOpenFieldEditor script, set the behavior of the edit field to
your button's script.

HTH.