Editing datagrid cells

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Dec 21 16:22:48 EST 2014

Got a number of questions for the datagrid experts out there, all related
to the editing of datagrid cells.

How can I implement a contextual menu when the user right clicks on a cell
that is being edited?  I tried using a mouseDown handler in a custom column
handler but it doesn't seem to fire when the edit field is clicked.

Tab and escape are ways of getting out of edit mode. If escape/tab have not
been pressed to register the edit, the underlying datagrid data won;t have
been updated so how can I get hold of the contents of the edit field for a
cell if the user has not pressed escape or tab?

Probably the root of the above questions but how can I get hold of the id
of the field created by the datagrid to edit a cell?

The datagrid library isn't happy if I send an EditCelll message to a cell
that has been customized to contain, for example, an option menu. By "not
happy", I mean that any instructions in the handler after dispatching the
EditCell message are skipped.  I guess I should file a QCC report for that
but in the meantime, how can I find the first column in the selected line
that has not been customized to contain something other than straight text?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>