Forum spam

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Dec 20 16:47:53 EST 2014

Alex Shaw wrote:

> Just received forum spam!
>
> You have received a new private message from "Michaelrork" to your
> account
> on "LiveCode Forums" with the following subject:
>
> I looking for XRumer 12.0.9 with discount !
>
> Based on what I read on the wikipedia entry on 'XRumer' the moderators
> may want to get onto this.

Any account holder can turn off PMs for their account.

I and the other mods remove spam in the forum whenever we find it (nixed
two accounts just today), but we can't access your PMs.

In recent months the number of spambots has dropped significantly, but
if this becomes any sort of rampant problem we can review the
possibility of shutting down the PM system altogether.  We re-opened it
by user request, though, so I'd be reluctant to do this unless it were
absolutely necessary.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager