Where are the tests hidden?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 05:36:46 EST 2014

On 20/12/14 11:14, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> If my memory serves me correctly, at some stage during the open sourcing of LiveCode it was stated that RunRev have some type of automated test suite. Earlier this year, I asked this question on the engine contributors forum:
>
> “It will probably be a long time before I have the necessary knowledge to make changes to the engine. However, I'm pretty sure that I, and probably a lot more LiveCoders, could help write tests. I have an affinity for bugs, most of my code is full of them :-) The only thing is I can't find the tests. Where are they hidden?”
>
> It would be good if we could submit tests to a central source and thereby improve the quality of LiveCode.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

I'll second that.

ALSO . . . why not make the automated test suite available for download
so that eccentric characters who run LiveCode on
minority platforms and/or Linux distros with multiple desktop/windowing
managers can run  tests and feedback to the
mothership?

I, for one, would be happy to spend some time running the test suite
with LC installs on a machine running ReactOS . . .

Richmond.