revBrowserAddJavaScriptHandler

John Dixon dixonja at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 11:22:05 EST 2014

I have determined that I am stupid...:-)

I am having problems with this... in that I don't understand how to implement it at all. Has anyone been using this new command ?... I have been trying to use it to call functions in the google maps to do various things such as place markers, draw polylines, plot routes... and have failed miserably..

I am unable to find 'any' working examples !... Anyone know if they exist and if so where are they hidden ?

-- from 6.7 release notes--

The new chrome browser allows us to add the ability to call LiveCode handlers from within the browser using
JavaScript. To make a LiveCode handler visible to JavaScript, use the revBrowserAddJavaScriptHandler
command, and to remove it use the revBrowserRemoveJavaScriptHandler command. LiveCode handlers are
added as functions with the same name attached to a global 'liveCode' object. When called, these functions
will result in the corresponding LiveCode handler message being sent to the browser card with the browser
instance ID and any function arguments as parameters.

Example:
With the handler "myJSHandler" registered using revBrowserAddJavaScriptHandler, it can be called from
the browser like so:

liveCode.myJSHandler(tFieldContents, tAction);
the LiveCode handler would then be called with the following parameters:

pBrowserInstance (the browser instance id, as returned from the revOpenBrowserCef function)
pFieldContents (the first argument of the JavaScript function call)
pAction (the second argument of the JavaScript function call)

thanks,

Dixie