7.0.1-RC4 crashing regularly

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 03:46:18 EST 2014

I started using 6.7 recently, but gave up using it when my stack got
corrupted. I wouldn't say this was a particularly complicated stack,
consisting of 3 images, a couple of fields and about 6 buttons, spread over
2 cards.  There's about 1200 lines of scripts and a few dozen custom
properties.

6.7 produced the beachball of death.  After killing Livecode, 6.7 would no
longer open the stack it had previously saved.  Luckily I could open the
stack in 5.5 and remove the few 6.7 new language features I was using.  But
it made me very reluctant to go back to using 6.7.  I'm considering trying
7.x but these reports make me wary of that.  Working in the new 7.x stack
format one probably can't even go back to a 5.x series and open a corrupted
stack there.

Such major disasters have very rare in my 10 years of using Livecode.

Bernard