7.0 can't parse group "someGroup" of (an id)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Dec 15 12:58:27 EST 2014

What is grNms? What does it contain? If they are only ID’s then your statement would resolve to something like:

put the name of  (  group "rawRow" of   (123456))

You can see the problem. Now if it contains rows of the long id’s of those groups, then your statement might resolve to something like:

put the name of  (  group "rawRow" of   (group id 2571 of card id 1002 of stack “myStack"))

Is group “rawRow” contained in group id 2571 of card id 1002 of stack “myStack"? If not then that also is a problem.

What I usually do to make troubleshooting simpler is I put every value I am going to enter into a statement into a variable first. In your case you can use a breakpoint before the statement and examine the contents of grNms to see if it contains what you think it does.

Bob S