bug or feature in player filename?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Sun Dec 14 23:24:03 EST 2014

Thanks Jacque,

> On Dec 14, 2014, at 12:47 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> It seems like expected behavior. If the file path is wrong, nothing happens and the player retains whatever it was previously set to. If there was a filename set then it stays there. The engine doesn't remove the previous filename before trying to set a new one.

> If you get "the result" after setting the filename from a script, it will tell you if the path is wrong; I think it says something like "unable to set movie reference" or similar.

Well, that’s good. I didn’t think of that.

If you use a script to “start” the player, with an incorrect filename in the “source” field, entered manually or by script, the player will play some other correct filename, and the result of the “start” command will be empty. In a more perfect world, the result of the start command might give the user a clue about what has gone wrong.

Tim