frequent crashes under 7.0.1-RC3

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 11:30:04 EST 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, if you must work with a release candidate I honestly don't understand
> why you are surprised there are problems.

Because "release candidate" means "more than beta; we think it's good to
go, but need to confirm"--whereas livecode "release candidates" are
mid-alpha to early beta?

I'm giving serious thought to going back to 5.5; the only thing I *need*
from 7 is the scaling to soom in/out of windows, and the only other feature
I'm using is pass by reference in some cases.

If I do roll back, though, it's not going to be to wait for 7, but to get
by until I figure out how to transfer my effort to another platform
entirely.

Frankly, If I could roll back the clock two and a half years, I'd choose
something else.  Supercard 1.5 and Hypercard 2.0, with the addition of
database support, could have handled what I need (I can say that with
certainty because I actually implemented essentially the same program on
both twenty years ago, using cards in a stack as the "database").
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462