Playing musical notes in LC

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Fri Dec 12 13:44:35 EST 2014

IIRC, there was once a time, perhaps antediluvian, when the command “Play G3” would play a G below middle C. The user could also specify a duration, I think.

Either I don’t recall correctly, or this feature was scrapped.

Is there an extension or plug-in that makes this possible in current versions of LC? (I know I can play mp3 sound clips.)

Now that I’m thinking about music, is there a way to make LC play a given note from a given instrument, with a given duration, from a soundFont?

Thanks in advance.

Tim