Direction, and color

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:19:24 EST 2014

I have a quick question, its one of those that should be obvious, but i'm
just not seeing it.

What i'm playing with right now, is just a bunch of round grc moving on
screen. (an adaption of the "swarm" sample stack created by scott rossi)
 What I'd like to do, is modify the colors of of each ball based on
direction and speed.  Sort of like a color wheel, zero speed or direction
being the center of the wheel.  So, direction would affect color, and speed
would affect the end color based on a gradient dark to light.

I hope the explanation is clearer than mud.

Any suggestions, or reading material that might help get me kickstarted?

TIA

Mike