Missing properties

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Dec 10 18:15:54 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically any time a significant number of developers are expressing a
> single concept in more than one line, that's an opportunity to create a
> simpler, more powerful syntax. You know I could list hundreds of
> possibilities, and the truth is that for every one of them, someone would
> say "you want to do *what*?!" But if I'm clever, at least a few people
> would say, "I'm tired of typing so much, that sounds awesome."
>
> I can never post about this without throwing out a suggestion. How about
> making item take an argument?
>
> put item("|") 2 to 3 of item(";") 2 of
> "test|this|thing;one|more|string|here;final|string"
>
> puts "more|string"

I agree with that concept, that's what got this whole thread started really.

There's an enhancement request at the QCC for your item example, more
verbose but possibly more in the spirit of LC:

put item 2 to 3 delimited by "|" of item 2 delimited by ";" of ....

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>