I Hate the New Color Picker

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:25:35 EST 2014

On 10/12/14 20:07, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Bob Sneidar wrote:
> > By that reasoning, Livecode should recreate all the API’s Apple
> > provides, rolling their own.
>
> In a sense, that's what LiveCode opens up for us with Open Language, a
> chance to use OS APIs directly.
>
> And smartly, if we choose to use APIs Apple later deprecates, it's up
> to us rather than RunRev to update our scripts to conform with Apple's
> policy-du-jour.

This is why it might not be a bad thing if Livecode can roll its own
wherever possible so that Apple's, Microsoft's or Slugworth's
policy-du-moment doesn't f**k up our work.

> > For better or worse, ALL OS developers have to continue to innovate.
> > If Apple’s OS troubles you, you can always use Win 8.x where you have
> > to relearn where everything is, or Linux and then deal with piecing
> > together all the components necessary for your app to work on every
> > workstation that uses it. <sigh>
>
> Piece together?  You should stop using Arch and switch to Ubuntu,
> Mint, or Fedora.
>
>  :)
>
> (that's probably only funny to Mark Wieder)

Bl**dy hilarious to the "other" Linux user out here . . .

"Aksherly" . . . if one believes the murmurs on the Linux grapevine Arch
is the "coming-man"

while Ubuntu might be best described as "the coming-man already gone" as
there is a slight feeling
that Slugworth and Co. have got a bit too arrogant and stopped listening
to their installed base.

I am currently doing reasonably well with Ubuntu Studio 14.10 as it uses
XFCE without all sorts
of funninesses that seem to crop up with Xubuntu, and don't have the
faux Windows 8 kiddy-kit
of Ubuntu [or is it Windows 8 that has the faux Ubuntu kiddy-kit?].

Richmond.