DoMenu

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 18:29:26 EST 2014

Richard.

..."Reliance on doMenu as a language design element also introduces inconsistencies:  what happens when you make your own custom menus and still need access to a command normally handled by doMenu?"...

I understand the exigencies of cross platform support. That said, I miss most of all the menu handling in HC, as opposed to the button group in LC.

The creation of a custom menu with associated menuMessages was clean and clear, and those menuMessages could be invoked via "doMenu", but did not require it. The menuMessage handler references were loaded upon menu creation, accessible like ordinary handlers with a simple call.

But you know all this. I am obviously misunderstanding your statement above.

Craig