DoMenu

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 16:46:20 EST 2014

Hello Richard,I disagree with your conclusion that DoMenu was necessary in HyperCard because that language wasn't rich enough to build an entire IDE in.DoMenu was an integral part of HyperCard's ease-of learning-to-program.One command (doMenu) versus many commands to learn/use/remember.Part of this paradigm: you can literally script something as-you-would-do-it-as-a-user.For power-users, you could intercept & handle doMenu, add-to-it-then-pass or even re-define it.For what it's worth,Alain