Convert PDF's to Images

Ray ray at linkit.com
Mon Dec 8 10:38:38 EST 2014

Greetings List,

About a year ago I solicited suggestions for a command line tool, Mac
and Windows, I could license which would return the number of pages in a
PDF as well as convert it to images at various resolutions.

Unfortunately I still haven't found an ideal solution so I thought I'd
ask if anybody has experience or suggestions with the inner-workings of
PDF files so I could consider writing my own converter, maybe as a
plugin, for a Livecode standalone.  OF course it would be great to write
it in Livecode.

Thoughts?

Thanks!