Using polygon as line and childControlNames

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 7 04:17:16 EST 2014

I use polygons to draw a line using this script. Me is a group.

on drawLine x,y,x1,y1,tColor
   lock screen
   set the style of the templateGraphic to polygon
   put x & "," & y & return & x1 & "," & y1 into tPoints
   create grc in me
   put the id of the last grc of me into tID
   set the foregroundColor of of grc id tID to tColor
   set the points of grc id tID to tPoints
   set the locked of grc id tID to true
   unlock screen
end drawLine

When I delete all the contents of the group using this script I get"OBJECT DOES NOT EXIST  Polygon” in the message box.

on deleteChart
   put the childControlNames of me into tObjectList
   lock screen
   if tObjectList is not empty then
      repeat with n = 1 to the number of lines in tObjectList
         put line n of tObjectList into tObject
         if exists(tObject) then
            delete tObject
         else
            put "OBJECT DOES NOT EXIST " & tObject
         end if
      end repeat
   end if
   unlock screen
end deleteChart

There seems to be a bug with childControlNames in LC 7.0.1(RC3) as it all works correctly in LC 6.7.1(RC3).

Is this a known bug?

All the best

Terry