LC's standalone Maker

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Dec 6 14:46:21 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM, William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org>
wrote:

> My application does work, after I made the needed code modifications to
> allow for the change in file structure that the standalone builder creates
> in the resulting bundle.
>
> Questions about the application package built by the standalone builder:
> 1) Am I safe to just delete the empty folders in the “MacOS” folder to
> prevent Apple from thinking there is non-executable code within?
>
> 2)Why are the empty “files” folders in the MacOS folder, in the first
> place?
>
> 3) Are there complexities or anything else I should know about the use of
> external, non-livecode data files?

Bill,

If you are using 6.7 or 7.0.1 (which it sounds like you are) the take a
look at the "Non-executable file redirection on Mac" section of the
Release Notes.pdf. That explains a recent change made to the engine and the
standalone builder so that non-executable files (e.g. stack files) can be
moved outside of the MacOS folder. This is why you are seeing the
Resources/_MacOS directory.

Do not delete the empty folders in the MacOS directory. The engine relies
on them and Apple doesn't seem to care. I have successfully submitted an
app to the MAS using this file/folder structure.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps