TopStack focus issue

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 07:44:15 EST 2014

I have an app where after some preliminary actions, an ‘editable window’ (i.e. a normal window) is shown with a palette. When the app reaches this stage, for some reason the main (top) stack - i’ve checked that it really is the topStack - doesn’t have the focus and its menus don’t work. I have to click on the window for focus to return to the stack. This is happening on LC7 rc3 on a Mac with Yosemite, and I am pretty sure it’s happening on earlier versions of Mac OSX.

Can anyone explain this, and can anyone give me a cast-iron workaround that will make the mainstack active as soon as it becomes visible?

TIA

Graham