Unexpected "word" parsing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 5 16:49:44 EST 2014

On 12/5/2014, 3:19 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> myProps["cProp"]
> word 1 -> myProps["cProp"]
> word 2 -> "cProp"].
>
> Also in the messagebox, if you ask for word 3 or word 4 or word 63 of
> that string, you get "cProp"] as well, so there's something screwy about
> using the messagebox for this. But in a button script, it returns word 1
> as the whole string and word 2 as empty, which is at least consistent.

It may be that's because the "string" is notated as an array element and
the parser is trying to evaluate and treat it that way. It's getting
confused.

Also, I think the rule for quoted text being a single word relies on
there being space before the first quote. Try tokens instead of words.
There should be four.

> So in this case a string surrounded by quotation marks is not treated as one word. BUT:
>
> myProps[ "c Prop" ]
> word 1: myProps[
> word 2: "c Prop"
> word 3: ]

This structure destroys the array notation enough that the parser seems
to be able to deal with that as a regular string.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com